Subscriptions are one of the most popular ways to make money on your video content. Before beginning the configuration of subscription plans, you must have a Recurly account set up.
To get started using subscriptions with Zype, navigate to Video CRM > Subscriptions from the left navigation menu. Then click "Let's Go!" to get started. account set up.
Step 1: Basic Information
Upload the subscription logo and add your email address.
Adding "Terms of Service" is optional.
Step 2: Payments
Add your Account Subdomain, Public Key and API Key from Recurly.
- You can find your account subdomain under Configuration > Site Settings > Recurly Subdomain
- You can find your Public Key on the API Credentials page.
- You can follow this link for instructions on finding or generating your API key.
The "Credit Card Statement Message" will be the name you want subscribers to see on their credit card bill.
Step 3: Plans
Before creating a plan in Zype, you must create subscription plans within Recurly. Visit Recurly's documentation for more information.
After creating a subscription plan with Recurly, enter the Recurly Plan Code in the plans section.
Select the blue sync button. Your Recurly plan details will automatically sync with Zype from there.
Step 4: Activity Stream
In order for your subscription plans to pull into your Recurly account, you will need to enable your Activity Stream. To do so, follow Recurly's instructions on Webhooks.
Enter the Webhook URL found in Zype into your Recurly account. Once you've created the webhook, test the connection in Recurly by selecting "Check URL"
Step 5: Confirmation
Review your subscription and select Save Changes.
Step 6: Editing Recurly Settings
If you'd like to access your Recurly settings once they are configured, you can view by visiting Settings > Monetization tab.
One Time Charges - Supported
Fixed Recurring - Supported (not quantity/usage)
Immediate - Supported
At period end - Supported
|Coupons||Using the coupon_code param - Supported|
|Multiple currencies||One currency per plan - Supported|
|Gift cards||Not supported in Zype's platform today|
Visit our Subscription Plans section in the Help Center for more information about managing your subscription plans.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Build Predictable Recurring Revenue Through Premium Subscription Plans
- Set Up Your Subscription Service with Stripe
- Set Up Your Subscription Service with Braintree
- Set Up Your Subscription Service with Recurly
- Enable a Subscription Paywall on Videos
- Subscription Settings
- Manage Subscription Plans
- Subscription Widgets
- Web Embeds: Subscription Flow
- Stripe Coupons