In order to use the Zype Plugin for WordPress, you’ll need the following:
- A valid and current Zype account
- WordPress version: 4.6 or higher | Tested up to: 4.8.3
- WordPress website supporting PHP: 5.6
Make sure you've also Set Up Your WordPress App in Zype already before proceeding.
Step 2 - Follow instructions to download the latest version of the plugin.
Step 3 - Follow instructions to install the plugin on your WordPress website.
Configuring the WordPress plugin post installation
Step 1 - Configure API and app keys
- In order to begin using the Zype plugin after completing installation, you must first configure API and app keys to access content from your Zype library
- Click on the “Settings” link under the “Zype” plugin in your WordPress admin navigation menu
- Follow instructions for entering your App, Admin, Player, and Read-only Keys
Step 2 - (Optional) Set up payment keys and consumer authentication credentials if monetizing with subscriptions
- If you plan to offer subscription monetization, on the same settings menu you should also add your payment provider keys and consumer authentication (OAuth) credentials
Step 3 - (Optional) Set up custom URL slugs for consumer management pages on WordPress site
- If offering subscriptions, you can modify the URL slugs for consumer management pages displayed on your WordPress site
- Visit the “Users” menu and configure your URL slugs according to whatever URL patterns you’d like to use for each page
- You can feature the following types of pages:
- Profile page - dedicated page that allows the user to view their current user account profile
- Logout page - dedicated page that allows the user to log out of their account if signed in
- Device linking page - allows the user to link a device to their account on the web, useful if you distribute content on set top or mobile apps supporting universal login
- Subscription and account management page - allows the user to manage subscriptions or purchased content
Step 4 - (Optional) Select subscription plans available for purchase on your WordPress site
- If offering subscriptions, make sure you’ve also selected which subscription plans are available for purchase by visiting the “Monetization” menu
- Only plans you’ve selected here will appear as options for purchase
To begin adding videos and playlists to your WordPress site, please read next steps HERE.