After you’ve completed initial setup and configuration, you’re now ready to begin adding videos and playlists to your WordPress site.
Step 1 - To add individual videos to pages or posts on your WordPress site
Use this workflow if you’d like to add individual videos to any page or post on your WordPress website. Videos will be embedded inline with other content via shortcode. Videos will always include a video player, and metadata like title, description, and duration.
- Start by visiting the “Video search” page in your WordPress admin > Zype plugin menu
- All active videos in your Zype library will appear on this page
- You can search by video title in the search bar, or scroll through the list to find a video
- Once you’ve found a video you’d like to add to a page or post, copy the “Shortcode” in the shortcode column
- Add this video shortcode to any page or post on your WordPress site by pasting it in via the WordPress CMS
- After adding the shortcode, if you click to “Preview” the page you should now see the video embedded on the page including the video player along with title, description, and duration metadata
Step 2 - To add playlists to pages or posts on your WordPress site
Use this workflow if you’d like to easily add playlists of videos or even your entire video library to any page or post on your WordPress site. Playlists will be added inline with other content when added via shortcode in the WordPress CMS. Users will be able to navigate through any content included in your embedded playlists, including both child playlists as well as all active videos. If the users navigate to a video page from an embedded playlist, they will be able to play the video as normal.
- You can add playlists (including nested playlists) to your WordPress site using shortcodes. This process is similar to adding individual videos to pages or posts.
- Visit the “Playlist search” page in your Zype plugin navigation menu and copy the shortcode for any playlist you’d like to embed on a page or post.
- Take the copied shortcode and add it to any page or post on your WordPress site.
- You can use the “Preview” button to view how your Playlists will render on the page or post.