Your videos and playlists have embed codes that are designed to be dropped into your website. Your consumers can then play the videos directly on the web.
Embed a Video to Your Site
To use a video’s embed codes on your website, follow the steps below.
1. On the Zype navigation menu, click Library.
2. Locate the necessary video, then click the Edit button on the right.
3. Click the Embed Code tab.
4. If the video requires a Paywall, keep the Paywall button toggled to On. This paywall will post the monetization structure setup for the video (i.e. Subscription, Purchase, Rental)
NOTE: Monetization for the video must be set up for the paywalls to appear when the video is played. For more details, see Getting Started with Monetization.
5. If you are embedding an audio-only stream, toggle On the Audio Only button.
If you do not require a paywall, you will some additional embed customization options:
- Auto Play - Define whether the video starts playing automatically or not.
- Resolution - Set the appropriate size for your video. By default, the size is restricted to a 16:9 aspect
- Lock Aspect Ratio - When turned on this will restrict the size of the video to a 16:9 aspect ratio. Switch it off to enter a custom size.
6. Click the Copy to Clipboard button.
7. You can then paste the embed code where desired on your site.
To Embed a Playlist to Your Site
1. On the Zype dashboard, click Playlists.
2. Locate the playlist you want to embed on your site, then click the Edit button on the right.
3. Click the Embed Code tab.
5. Select your desired Playlist Skin (i.e. how videos will be displayed in the embed) from the following options:
- Grid, Thumbnails & Titles
- Grid, Thumbnails
- List, Thumbnails & Titles
- List, Titles
6. Select your desired Auto Play setting
7. Select your desired Auto Loop setting. This determines if the playlist will stop playing when it reaches the last video on the list.
8. Resolution is set to a 16:9 aspect ratio by default. You may change this depending on your requirements.
9. Review the Advanced Settings and update as necessary (see To Edit an Embed Code’s Advanced Settings below), then click the Copy to Clipboard button.
10. You can then paste the embed code where you like the playlist to go on your website.
NOTE: Playlists automatically pull the monetization options set up on an individual video level. For example, if the first video on the playlist is free and the second one requires a subscription, viewers can watch the first video, then the subscription paywall appears before they can watch the second video.
To Edit a Playlist Embed Code’s Advanced Settings
Embed codes have advanced options that allow you to customize how the embedded video will appear on the web. We discussed these settings below.
The video’s titles and thumbnails are displayed by default. You may choose to disable these options. You may also choose a different background color and maximum height for the embedded video.
You may change the font color, the font active color, and the font hover color.
The video’s thumbnail is set to have a border by default. You may choose to disable this. You may also change the border color, border active color, and border hover color.
You may change the top, bottom, right, and left margins of the embedded video.