You can adjust start or end time of an item programmed in the Timeline by selecting the item and using the Start & End Time fields in the Inspector Panel fields below the Timeline, to the right. You can also adjust start or end time of a programmed item within the Timeline; see also Editing Items in the Timeline.
Once your asset is selected, you can expand the Start & End Time section to reveal time fields allowing you to manually adjust your item’s start or end time. This is particularly useful when scheduling items back to back. Use the AM or PM options to the right of the time fields to adjust start and end times in the morning or evening. Changes made to this in the Inspector Panel will be reflected in the Timeline.
You’ll notice a few key shortcuts for navigating start or end time fields:
- Select “Tab” key to focus on start time or end time field
- Select “Enter” key to edit
- Select check icon to confirm changes
- Click anywhere outside the input fields to confirm changes
- Select “Enter” key to confirm changes
- Select “Tab” key to navigate between hours, minutes, seconds
- Select “Left Arrow” or “Right Arrow” keys to navigate between hours, minutes, seconds
- Select “Up Arrow” or “Down Arrow” keys to increase or decrease value in hours, minutes, seconds
- Select “Backspace/Delete” key to clear values from input fields and move to previous input field
Adjusting the start or end time of a Track Item will not affect the overall duration of your item. For adjusting duration, see Editing Start and End Offset in the Inspector Panel
Note: You will not be able to edit start and end time fields simultaneously; either the start OR end time of a Track Item can be adjusted, but a change to one will necessarily change the other.