Listed below is an up-to-date list of file types Zype supports.
*Note - Zype's upload tool can handle files up to 100 GB in size. If your files are larger, get in touch with Zype support for assistance.
Zype supports the following video file formats:
Video files should also meet the following requirements:
- Codec - H264
- Resolution - 1920x1080p
- Bit rates higher than 6mbps+ for 1080p
- Frame rates: 29.97, 30.00
- We do not currently support ARRI and RED.
- Zype's transcoder uses the resolution of the video to determine the maximum encoded bitrate profile (e.g. a video that is 1280×720 will only encode up to a 720 preset). For more information about our presets and its bitrates, please visit our article on how to Configure VOD Presets
Zype supports the following audio file formats:
Audio files should also meet the following requirements:
- Codec - AAC
- Data rate and bit depth - 128-256kbps
Note: Zype currently encodes the audio for videos to 128k. If you use 256k, it will be scale down.
Subtitles & Metadata
Upload subtitle files in .VTT format per language.