You can map a pre-existing or a newly bought domain to point to your Zype Web App. Firstly, you should have purchased a domain from a third-party provider. You will just need to change a few settings in your registrar's account in order to connect it to your Zype Web App.
Step 1: Login to the Apps Creator Dashboard and Navigate to Design >> Platforms >> Web.
Step 2: Add your Zype sub-domain and Custom Domain here. Your Zype sub-domain should work right out of the box, but any initial change to either domain will take about 5-10 minutes to propagate.
Please note that your Custom Domain should be all lower case.
Step 3: Log into your third-party Domain Account, i.e. GoDaddy, Namecheap, easyDNS, HostGator, Name.com, etc.
Step 4: Find your DNS settings. Depending on your provider, this may be called Zone File Settings, Manage Domains, Domain Manager, DNS Manager, or something similar. Here is where you'll create these records so your domain correctly links to your Zype Web App.
Step 5: Edit your CNAME Record in your Domain Account. A CNAME record points your custom domain to MAZ Web. The CNAME value is "ingress.maz.tv".
Step 6: Now edit your A Record. This should point to Zype's IP Address which informs your domain provider of our software. The A Record value is "188.8.131.52". Your DNS management should look something like this:
Step 7: Your custom domain should now be mapped to Zype Web App. Most domains will connect to a site within 24 hours but can take up to 72 hours.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Apple Developer Account Creation & Access
- Apple's App Privacy Questionnaire on App Store Connect
- Apple Developer Agreements & Paid Application Schedules
- Enable Push Notifications for iOS App
- Google Developer Account Creation & Access
- Google License Key
- Create and link your Google Play service account to Apps Creator
- Google Play - Merchant Account Creation
- Create a Keystore for signing Android and Amazon Apps
- Amazon Developer Account Creation and Access