This article will describe how to search supported asset types through newly available fields in the asset panel of a Playout 2.0 Channel.
Supported Asset Types
In order to leverage the new "Search Type" dropdown, the selected "Asset Type" needs to be either Video, Ad, or Bumper. Playlist, Block, or Live are NOT supported Asset Types.
Available Fields to Search
The following field types can be selected from the "Search Type" dropdown:
- Custom Attributes
- Source ID
- Gracenote ID
- Asset ID
NOTE: If no "Search Type" is selected, the default search that runs is for Title, Description, and Asset ID.
Where to Search
The "Search Type" dropdown can be found in the asset panel, when editing the the timeline of a Playout 2.0 Channel:
How to Search for an Asset
- Navigate to the "Edit Timeline" page of a Playout 2.0 Channel
- Select a supported option (Video, Ad, or Bumper) from the "Asset Type" dropdown
- Select an option from the "Search Type" dropdown
- Begin entering text - metadata values for the "Search Type" you selected - into the search box
- In real time, assets with metadata values that match the text will be surfaced in the asset panel. Irrelevant assets will be filtered out and not seen until the search text is cleared
- In this example, the "Fire" video matched because "nature" is selected as a category value: