Sync the in-app purchases of your subscribers across platforms by uploading a JSON.
Enable automated Google Play app submission and in-app purchase updates.
The following instructions explain the steps needed to start using the Google Play Developer API.
Create a Google Cloud Project.
Enable the Google Play Developer API for your Google Cloud Project.
Set up a service account with appropriate Google Play Console permissions to access the Google Play Developer API.
Create a Google Cloud Project
You can skip this step if you already have a Google Cloud Project you want to use.
To create a project in the Google Cloud Console, click here.
- When you're finished entering new project details, click Create.
Enable the API
Once you have set up the Google Cloud Project, you need to enable the Google Play Developer API for this project.
To enable Google Play Developer API:
- Go to the Google Play Developer API page in Google Cloud Console.
- Click Enable.
Create a Service Account
You can create a service account from the Google Play Console.
- In the Google Cloud Console go to Service Accounts.
- If prompted, select a project.
At the top of the Service Accounts page click on + Create Service Account.
Under Service Account Name, enter ZYPE-SERVICE-API and under Service Account Description, enter Receipt Validation.
- Note down your Service account ID and click on Create and continue.
Grant Service Account Permissions
Next, grant permission to the newly created service account.
Choose 'Select a Role' from the dropdown.
Select Android Management, then Android Management User; select CONTINUE.
- Select DONE to close this form.
Now select the newly created service account email. (Use the Service Account Id noted before, to find the account.)
This is how your account will look like when you open it from the list.
- Select Keys.
- Now click on ADD KEY > Create new key, then select Key type JSON.
Click on Create.
- A JSON file will download to your computer. A window prompt "Private key saved to your computer" will pop up, click close.
Now, on the Apps Creator Dashboard, navigate to Apps Creator > Manage > Platforms > Google Play > Google Play Service Account Key JSON to upload the file.
- Next, Go to the Users & Permissions page on the Google Play Console.
- Click Invite new users.
- Put an email address for your service account in the email address field.
Now select App permissions and click on Add app.
- Select your app and click on Apply.
Now you must grant the following additional permissions and click on Apply.
* View app information
* View financial data.
* Manage orders and subscriptions.
Now click on Invite user and in the pop-up click on Send invitation.
You're all set!
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Apple Developer Account Creation & Access
- Apple's App Privacy Questionnaire on App Store Connect
- Apple Developer Agreements & Paid Application Schedules
- Enable Push Notifications for iOS App
- Google Developer Account Creation & Access
- Google License Key
- Create and link your Google Play service account to Apps Creator
- Google Play - Merchant Account Creation
- Create a Keystore for signing Android and Amazon Apps
- Amazon Developer Account Creation and Access