Enable automated Google Play app submission and in-app purchase updates
In order for Zype to provide automation for app submission and also update your in-app purchases, please send us an API key and the JSON file associated with your developer account - directions below!
Create a Service Account
1. Navigate to the Google Play Console. Under Setup, select API access.
2. Scroll to the bottom and select Learn how to create service accounts under Service accounts. Select the link to the Google Cloud Platform.
3. At the top of this page, select +Create Service Account.
4. For Service Account Name and Service Account Description, enter ZYPE-RELEASE-MANAGER and ZYPE Release Manager, respectively
5. Select CREATE AND CONTINUE.
Grant Service Account Permissions and service account key JSON
Next, grant permission to the newly created service account.
1. Choose to Select a Role from the dropdown.
2. Select Android Management, then Android Management User; select CONTINUE.
3. Select DONE.
4. Now select the newly created service account email and select KEYS.
3. Select ADD KEY > Create new key, then select JSON.
4. Select Create.
5. A prompt window will open; select Save File.
6. Select Close and then Done. A JSON file will download to your computer. A window prompt "Private key saved to your computer" will pop up, you may ignore and close this, then select Done. You have successfully created a Google Service Account.
7. Next, return to API Access under Settings in your Google Play Dashboard and refer to the Google Service Account just created; select Manage Play Console permissions. In the pop-up window, leave the default permissions and select Invite user and then Send invite.
8. Now, return to the Apps creator Dashboard and navigate to Apps creator > Design > Platforms > Google Play > Service Account Key JSON* to upload the file.
You're all set! Zype now has API access to your Google Play developer account.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Apple Developer Account Creation & Access
- Apple's App Privacy Questionnaire on App Store Connect
- Apple Developer Agreements & Paid Application Schedules
- Enable Push Notifications for iOS App
- Google Developer Account Creation & Access
- Google License Key
- Create and link your Google Play service account to Apps Creator
- Google Play - Merchant Account Creation
- Create a Keystore for signing Android and Amazon Apps
- Amazon Developer Account Creation and Access