Through this feature you are able to block users by restricting IP addresses or user-agents from viewing your Playout Channels.
Restricting IP Addresses or User Agents
Navigate to the Settings page, go to the "Playout Settings" tab, then find the "Playout Content Rules" section:
In the IP Addresses section, enter the IP addresses that you would like to restrict from viewing your Playout Channels. IP addresses must be comma-separated. IPv4 and IPv6 allowed (does not accept IP Ranges).
In the User Agents section, enter the user agents that you would like to blacklist. User agents must be separated by || (do not include quotes).
Note about User Agents
User agents are predetermined by the device/browser being used to make the request. If a particular user agent is identified that is abusing streams, you can copy the information and block it.
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/18.104.22.168 Safari/537.36||Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 10; SM-G980F Build/QP1A.190711.020; wv) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Chrome/78.0.3904.96 Mobile Safari/537.36
Fields Character Limit
- Max Number of IP Addresses without any User Agents Entered
- Up to approximately 14 IPv6 IP Addresses
- Up to approximately 35 IPv4 IP Addresses
- Max Number of User Agents without any IP Addresses Entered
- Up to approximately 6 user agents
- Sample Combination of IP Addresses and User Agents
- 3 user agents and 20 IPv4 IP Addresses