In Apps Creator the term "Content" broadly refers to the following:
- Media objects:
- Any media object that is either uncataloged (appears as just "Media") or that has been cataloged as a more specific type of object (e.g. Movies, Episodes, Events, and Extras).
- Note that some content object types (such as Extras) can be further sub-typed into even more specific object types (Trailers and Previews).
- Group objects:
Note that Limited Series objects are shown on the Series page, and Seasons are shown within Series objects (but not within Limited Series - see the Season documentation for more information).
Playlists and Collections
The Series, Limited Series, and Seasons objects are "group" content objects in that they group other content objects together, but are also "content" objects themselves in that they represent a single group of highly related content.
Playlists are also "group" objects, and can consist of either highly-related content (they can be cataloged in their entirety as Limited Series or Season objects, which will automatically catalog all uncataloged media objects within them as Episodes) or as less closely-related content for the purposes of simply auto-cataloging many items of a single type (they can be configured auto-catalog all of their uncataloged media as Movies, for example).
Collections are also used for grouping content, but are more general-purpose than playlists.
Now that you have the details behind the terminology, here are some quick ways to remember them:
- The term "media object" refers to a content object that is not a group object.
- The term "content object" refers to anything that appears as content in the app interfaces, including both media and groups of content.
- The term "group content object" (or just "group object") refers to a content object that gathers together other content objects, and is also a content object itself (such as a Series).
For more information about these object types, review their individual documentation pages.