The Collections page shows the collections that have been created within the current Brand:
Collections vs. Playlists
Collections are similar to Playlists, with a few notable exceptions:
- Playlists can only contain media, whereas both media objects and structure objects can also be included within a collection (such as a Series, a single Season within a series, etc.).
- Playlists which come from the Zype CMS property that is associated with the current Workspace are shared between brands in the same workspace, whereas collections exist only within the brand in which they were created.
- Playlists which come from feeds exist only within the brand in which they were added.
To see and manage the contents of a collection tap on its row in the Collections list:
Creating a Collection
- Begin by creating a metadata record by clicking on the black plus sign, located at the top right of the page
- Then, click into the row of your newly created metadata record
- Click on the plus sign that's on this page
- Select your content (e.g. Limited Series, Playlists, Movies, Events)
- Click on the "Done" button when finished
Collections are a flexible object type that can be used in many situations:
- Consolidate catalogued media content
- Provide app structure - create groups of related content, organize subscription libraries, etc.
- Entitlement of content - use Purchase, Rental, or Event entitlements with collections.