If a video file is already online, it's possible to import it directly to the platform using the file's URL and the API, specifically the Create Video Import endpoint.
Depending on the file size the import process might take from a few minutes to a few hours.
Note: The URL needs to point directly to the video file.
Zype's API Docs
To import a file with Zype's API docs website, you need to head to the Video Import section, we are going to use the Create Video Import endpoint to send a POST Request which the only requirement is the URL of the video File and the admin API Key.
The request can be sent from the documentation itself, but there are also are working examples for cURL and different programming languages on how to use the endpoint.
To create the sample request or send it from the docs:
- Enter your account's admin API key into the authentication box
- Enter the body parameters, in this exercise we want to import the video, added to the library, and have it transcoded as a Zype Hosted source.
- In the parameter source_url we include the URL of the video file.
- Optional parameter to_zype_hosted as true to transcode the videos as a Zype Hosted asset.
- Optional parameter auto_add as true to automatically add the video to the library.
- Optional Metadata parameters title and description
Click the Try Button or copy the samples, cURL, NodeJS, Ruby PHP and Python are available.
The video file will be imported and downloaded to the platform as an async process, a video object will be created on the library and the video will be transcoded after the import process is complete.
Note: Depending on the file size the import process might take from a few minutes to a few hours, please contact email@example.com in case of issues or problems.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- How to Request a Video Player
- How to Merge a New Video Import to an Existing Video Using the API
- Importing a Single Video from a URL
- Ad Timings with the API
- Using the Upload API Endpoint
- Assigning Categories to Videos Using the API
- Creating New Subscriptions with the API
- Create zobjects with custom attributes using the API