Zype's Android TV Java based app template makes it easy for you to build, customize, and distribute your content to your audience on the Google Play Store while providing the best possible user experience. This section provides recommendations to help you structure and monetize your content to best reach your video business goals.
*Note: Zype's Android TV app template shares a code base with our Amazon Fire TV template, as these are both Android-compatible, java-based app templates*
Prerequisites for Zype
If you are building an app for the first time, visit our Introduction to Applications and Distribution to get started.
To successfully test and submit your app there are a few requirements you need to make sure to complete in the Zype platform. Before you can build and submit your app for approval you must do the following:
1. Import your content into your Zype library
2. Add video details to content
3. Organize your videos into playlists
4. Create playlist relationships
The resulting playlist structure within your Android TV application:
Testing your app: Overview
Once you've successfully organized your content, customized settings, and built your app, you need to test it out to make sure it works the way you expect. You'll need to complete the following to test your app:
- Review app settings for feature options
- Download the latest version of Android Studio
- Download Android Debug Bridge
- You can test your app by running it in an Android TV device or in an emulator on Android Studio
Submitting your app: Overview
After you have tested your app and are satisfied with the result, it is time to submit it for approval through the Google Play Store marketplace.