You can enable autoplay for non-subscription web embeds through the video details page of the video. For more details on which other web embed settings you can adjust on the video details page, check out our article HERE.
NOTE: Information in this article does not apply to non-web endpoints. To enable autoplay for Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, and other endpoints, visit our Applications section.
Autoplay on a Video
To enable, select the video title from the Library view. Once you are in the video details, visit the Embed & Publish tab for the embed settings. Here you can toggle Auto Play to ON in order to enable autoplay for this video.
Once you've enabled autoplay for a video embed, the player will automatically begin playback for the video. If the video does not automatically begin, you may want to check your browser policies (continue on to our Browser Policies section for details).
Autoplay within a Playlist
To enable, select the playlist title in your Playlists view. Once you are in the playlist details, visit the Embed Code tab for the embed settings. Here you can toggle Auto Play to ON in order to enable autoplay for this playlist.
Once you've enabled autoplay for a playlist embed, the player will automatically begin playback starting with the first video in the playlist. Once the end of the playlist is reached, autoplay will stop.
You can enable looping on your playlist, to ensure that the content will loop back to the beginning of the playlist once playback on the last video had concluded. To enable, toggle Auto Loop to ON.
If the video does not automatically begin, you may want to check your browser policies (continue on to our Browser Policies section for details).
Autoplay and Browser Policies
Occasionally, browser policies will prevent the web player from autoplaying content as expected. Chrome and Safari have published developer documentation chronicling these policies in the event that you'd like to learn more.
These policies exist on the browser level, and are not controllable by Zype. The Zype player behavior is to first check the browser policy, and serve content in accordance with that policy. It's helpful to understand the different autoplay scenarios to help troubleshoot any playback issues for viewers.
Scenario 1 - Neither video nor audio autoplays
- There is a browser restriction
- Autoplay was not properly enabled
Scenario 2 - Video autoplays without audio
- There is a browser restriction against autoplay with audio enabled. In this scenario, the Zype player is muted to enable autoplay of the video. A viewer can manually initiate audio using the player controls.
- Your video does not include an audio rendition. Make sure your transcoded video includes an HLS audio rendition. You can verify this by navigating to the Video Details page and reviewing the video stream sources for the video.
Scenario 3 - Both video and audio autoplay
- There are no browser restrictions on autoplay, so the Zype player is able to serve content as intended.