Zype's Samsung Tizen OS app template helps you build a native app on the Tizen marketplace. Tizen is an operating system built into Samsung's current lineup of SmartTVs that allow you to easily distribute your video content to millions of consumers.
Zype's Samsung Tizen OS app template includes the following support:
- Root playlists --> nested playlists UX and navigation
- Video and playlist descriptions, thumbnails, and metadata integration
- Seamless video playback
- Smart Hub support for previews and deep linking
Prerequisites for Zype
If you are building an app for the first time, visit our Introduction to Applications and Distribution to get started.
To successfully test and submit your Samsung Tizen app there are a few requirements you need to make sure to complete in the Zype platform. Before you can build and submit your app to the Samsung marketplace for approval you must do the following:
1. Import your content into your Zype library
2. Add video details to content
3. Organize your videos into playlists
4. Create playlist relationships
Next steps for building your Tizen app
To learn more about unlocking your Tizen app profile and getting access to the Tizen app template, please check out this article.
Good to know
At present, Zype's Samsung Tizen app template does not include built-in monetization support. You can visit our partner marketplace to connect with a potential app developer who can build custom monetization support into your new Tizen app.