Ready to publish? Make sure you’ve taken a look at our Overview which covers prerequisites to getting live with zy.pe.
Step 1 - Unlock zy.pe in your Zype account
- While in the Library, select the globe icon to the right of the video title you’d like to publish on a zy.pe page. Globes will appear darker once your site is unlocked for zy.pe.
- Verify the existing site title or update the site title. This will appear on your zy.pe video page as a discovery URL link below the video player and allows your viewers to navigate to your website or another webpage of your choosing. Once set, your site title will appear the same on all subsequent zy.pe video pages you create, so choose carefully.
- Select “Unlock zy.pe pages” to complete
Step 2 - Edit metadata
Your metadata pulls over from the existing information input into the video details page of your video. You can edit metadata in this step if you’d like, and these changes will be pushed to your zy.pe page. However, any changes made here will not alter the original metadata associated to this video in the Zype library.
Please note, at this time you can only set metadata during the initial creation of the page, so please review any changes prior to publishing your page. If you’d like to edit metadata in the library, you can exit the metadata pop-up to return to the video library page. Simply select the globe icon next to your video title to begin Step 2 again.
All monetization is set based on the paywalls you have configured on your video. You cannot modify this independently on your zy.pe video pages.
- Edit your video metadata including video title, long and short descriptions, keywords, discovery URL, and thumbnails URL
- If you have a long description, it will be displayed just below the video title on your zy.pe hosted video page. We suggest adding enough descriptive text to make it easy for your audience to understand what the video is about prior to watching.
- Short descriptions will be displayed just below the video title on your zy.pe hosted video page if you don’t have a long description.
- Keywords entered will appear during social sharing by your audience on platforms like Facebook and Twitter.
- If provided, the discovery URL will appear as a link below the video player that allows your viewers to navigate to your website or another webpage of your choosing from your zy.pe video page.
- Thumbnails URL - If you’d like to point to a different custom video thumbnail, you can provide a URL where a thumbnail image is hosted.
- Accept monetization or exit the metadata pop up to change on the video level. If you’d like to change this for your video, you can exit the metadata pop-up and return to the video library page. Here, you can edit in the Monetization tab once you open the video details page. Once updated, simply select the globe icon next to your video title to begin Step 2 again
- Select “create new zy.pe page”
Step 3 - Publishing on zy.pe page completed
You’ll be presented with the confirmation page complete with all your zy.pe page information. Use the zy.pe URL to share the page with your audience to start building views immediately!
Sample zy.pe page:
You can always access this information again by clicking on the globe icon for this video in your video library.Selecting the URL or Visit zy.pe page page will bring you to your existing page.Selecting Edit zy.pe page metadata will allow you to edit your metadata. Keep in mind, however, that an updated Site Title will only adjust your hyperlink title at the bottom of your zy.pe page, and will not adjust your zy.pe URL. To adjust the URL, please send a request to email@example.com.
Step 4 - (Optional) Share on Social Platforms
In addition to publishing content on zy.pe, you can also push to your favorite social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit. Simply select the icon for your desired social push and watch your content distribute!