Zype's Amazon Fire Java based app template makes it easy for you to build, customize, and distribute your content to your audience while providing the best possible user experience. This section provides recommendations to help you structure and monetize your content to best reach your video business goals. You'll also find guidelines to successfully test and submit your app to the Amazon marketplace.
Prerequisites for Zype
If you are building an app for the first time, visit our Introduction to Applications and Distribution to get started.
To successfully test and submit your app there are a few requirements you need to make sure to complete in the Zype platform. Before you can build and submit your app to the marketplace for approval you must do the following:
1. Import your content into your Zype library
2. Add video details to content
3. Organize your videos into playlists
4. Create playlist relationships
The resulting playlist structure within your Amazon Fire:
If you plan to make money from your content through Amazon Fire, visit our Monetization section to learn about all the types of monetization Zype supports.
*Note - setting up monetization for your content is not required to submit your app.
Prerequisites for Amazon Fire TV (Java)
The following are required in order to submit an app to Amazon marketplace:
1- Create a Developer Account.
2- Check that you have the required image assets
Testing your app: Overview
Once you've successfully organized your content, customized settings, and built your app, you need to test it out to make sure it works the way you expect. You'll need to complete the following to test your app:
- Review app settings for monetization and feature options
- Download the latest version of Android Studio
- Download Android Debug Bridge
- You can test your app by running it on an Amazon Fire device or in an emulator on Android Studio
Submitting your app: Overview
After you have tested your app and are satisfied with the result, it is time to submit it for approval through the Amazon marketplace. The approval process timeline depends on how fast Amazon can test your app and if any issues are discovered during the QA process. For a detailed breakdown of the test criteria for Amazon, see Amazon's guidelines.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Introduction to Amazon Fire TV (Java based)
- Amazon Developer Account Setup
- Amazon Fire TV - Images (Java based)
- Creating an Amazon Fire TV App (Java based)
- Amazon Fire TV Monetization
- Submitting an Amazon Fire Channel (HTML based)
- Preview, Test and Submit your Amazon Fire TV App
- Taking Screenshots on Fire TV Devices