Zype's Consumer Management APIs allow you to build and manage your database of known customers. You can use our consumer management APIs to import an existing database of consumers into Zype, create custom sign up flows, integrate video paywall logins with your existing login flows, entitlement paywall videos and playlists to consumers, and create custom device linking pages for universal authentication.
Below you'll find a list of our Consumer Management API endpoints, along with a brief description of what they do and a link to the developer documentation.
- Consumers API - used to create, update, delete, and retrieve consumers from your Zype property. Consumers are individual viewers that are known (i.e., you have their name and/or email address). Use the consumers API to migrate an existing database of consumers into Zype, or to create new consumers using a custom sign up / account creation flow. You can also use the consumers API to allow your customers to manage their account details through custom account management pages.
- OAuth API - used to retrieve and refresh access tokens, and enable authentication via access tokens from your Zype property. OAuth is a powerful authentication standard that allows you to grant access to users to login-required content. Use the OAuth API to create custom paywall login authentication or integrate Zype's paywalls with your existing website/application login methods.
- Video Entitlements API - used to check if consumers have entitlement (access) to transaction paywalled videos, as well as to create, update, delete, and retrieve video entitlements from your Zype property. Video entitlements allow you to provide access to transaction paywalled videos to individual consumers. Use this API if you'd like to see if an individual consumer already has entitlement access to a video, or if you'd like to provide entitlement access to a consumer to a paywalled video.
- Playlist Entitlements API - used to check if consumers have entitlement (access) to transaction paywalled playlist of videos, as well as to create, update, delete, and retrieve playlist entitlements from your Zype property. Playlist entitlements allow you to provide access to transaction paywalled collection of videos (a playlist) to individual consumers. Use this API if you'd like to see if an individual consumer already has entitlement access to a playlist, or if you'd like to provide entitlement access to a consumer to a paywalled playlist.
- Device Linking API - used to create and retrieve device pins, as well as to link and unlink device pins. Device Linking allows you to create universal authentication flows in video apps where a consumer is typically shown a short string of letters/numbers (the device pin), and logs into their account on a website and enters that device PIN into a form field. If the consumer authenticates properly and the PIN matches, they should be granted access to the video within the application. Use the device linking API to create a custom device linking flow on your website so consumers can unlock access to login required content within your video apps.
- Video Favorites API - use this to create, delete, or list video favorites. This is great to use for signed in consumers that want to view their favorite videos and save them for a later time to easily access. This will only work for consumers with an existing account and a linked device.
Example use case: If you'd like to view an example use case, you can read our quick start on integrating a 3rd party CRM database with Zype here.
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful