Zype allows you to customize the messages a viewer sees if a video cannot be served.
Possible scenarios in which the video may not be served are listed below:
- Video is still being transcoded.
- Video is inactive.
- Video has been deleted and the embed still exists.
- You have restricted the devices where the video can be accessed. Read more here.
- You have restricted the countries where the video can be accessed. Read more here.
- You have restricted the domains upon which the video can be accessed. Read more here.
Zype has supplied smart defaults for each of the above scenarios.
To customize these messages navigate to your site settings by selecting the gear icon in the top right corner. Select "Settings" in the dropdown and then navigate to the "Player Messaging" tab.
Once you've made the necessary updates click "Save Changes" at the bottom of the page.
This is an example of the "Player domain not approved" default message:
This is an example of updating the default "Top Message" and "Player domain not approved" message to be custom:
This is an example of the "Player domain not approved" custom message:
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Player Event Framework
- Common Questions Around Manipulating the Zype Player via web SDK/API
- Own Your Branding on the Web
- Player Branding
- Player Messaging
- Enabling Social Sharing Controls for Zype players
- Setting Up Player Rules
- Managing Player Rules
- Adaptive Bitrate (ABR) Support in the Zype Web Player
- SMTP Settings