When creating a channel, you can have a draft or published channel state. Draft channels are those that are still being edited in the Timeline view. Published channels are those that have been set to “publish” and may or may not be broadcasting yet.
When in draft mode, you can edit your channel freely. All changes are automatically saved, see Save Settings and all changes can be seen in the Change History dropdown list, see Change History and Versioning.
Once a channel is published, all draft versions are published and instantly applied to your channel for your audience to see. You can edit it at any time by selecting “Edit Timeline” from the All Channels view. This will create a new draft for you to work from, which must be published in order for changes to be reflected in the published state of the channel.
Continue to Previewing your Channel.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Adding Assets to the Timeline
- Editing Items in the Timeline
- Creating Program Blocks
- Ungrouping Items in the Timeline
- Priority Smart Insertion
- Filling Gaps Created During Priority Smart Insertion
- Removing Items from the Timeline
- Draft vs Published Channel State
- Save Settings
- Change History and Versioning