You can adjust the duration of an item programmed in the Timeline using the Start & End Offset fields in the Inspector Panel fields below the Timeline, to the right. You can also adjust the duration of a programmed item within the Timeline; see also Editing Items in the Timeline.
Selecting fields in the Start & End Offset section will allow you to manually clip your item in the Timeline, whether you would like to clip the beginning of the item (i.e. clip the first five minutes) or the end of the item (i.e. clip the final five minutes). This will adjust the duration of the item in the Timeline, but will not impact the original, source asset that exists in the Zype Library or Asset Panel. Changes made to this in the Inspector Panel will be reflected in the Timeline.
The start offset of programmed items is set to 00:00:00 by default, but can be set to a desired length for clipping the beginning of a Track Item. You’ll notice a few key shortcuts for navigating start or end offset fields:
- Select “Tab” key to focus on start offset or end offset field
- Select “Enter” key to edit
- Select check icon to confirm changes
- Click anywhere outside the input fields to confirm changes
- Select “Enter” key to confirm changes
- Select “Tab” key to navigate between hours, minutes, seconds
- Select “Left Arrow” or “Right Arrow” keys to navigate between hours, minutes, seconds
- Select “Up Arrow” or “Down Arrow” keys to increase or decrease value in hours, minutes, seconds
- Select “Backspace/Delete” key to clear values from input fields and move to previous input field