If you prefer to continue live streaming through your own CDN, Zype offers the ability to import a Self-Hosted stream to the platform, and embed the video to your site.
There are some requirements for streaming from your CDN through Zype, listed below:
Self Hosted Restrictions and General Information
- Self Hosted videos MUST be imported in the form of a publicly accessible secure HTTPS URL (http urls are no longer supported)
- There are only two supported asset formats at this time:
- HLS (ending in /./.m3u8)
- MP4 Progressive (ending in /./.mp4)
- NOTE: MP4 is not supported across OTT app endpoints
- For HLS manifests, you MUST include the master /./.m3u8 in the URL. Zype will not redistribute child manifests
- For HLS Live manifests, the client is responsible for all quality of service requirements of those streams. They are also responsible for any ABR (adaptive bitrate transcoding)
- For HLS VOD manifest, the client is responsible for all quality of service requirements of those streams. They are also responsible for any ABR (adaptive bitrate transcoding)
- For MP4 progressive assets, the client is responsible for all quality of service requirements of those streams.
Check out our full article on streaming from your own CDN below.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Introduction to Zype Live
- Zype Live Service Guide
- Provisioning and Utilizing Your Cloud Encoder
- Create, Broadcast, and Publish a Live Event
- Live streaming with Zype 101 - Streaming Your First Live Event
- Live Broadcast Troubleshooting Guide
- Zype Live Support Specifications
- Zype Live FAQ
- Use Your Own CDN to Stream a Live Event