If you want to import video to the Zype platform from your own Amazon S3 bucket at Amazon Web Services (AWS), Zype can provide a one-time sync with your S3 bucket.
*Note: We do not trace for duplicates within folders. Zype will upload folders from S3, if you have a video within multiple folders in your S3 bucket, your Zype library will contain duplicate videos.
To start, you must secure your container using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
Below we provide step-by-step instructions on how you can use IAM to create an account user specifically for mLab that can only access a single bucket in your S3 account.
- Log on to the AWS Management Console.
- Click “IAM” or visit this URL after logging in.
- Create a new group (e.g. “ZypeMediaGroup”).
- Create a custom policy (e.g “ZypeMediaS3ImportPolicy”).
- Copy and paste the policy below but replace “bucket-name” with your bucket to import.
- Do not change the “Version” date (for more information, see AWS’s IAM documentation).
Policy to cut and paste:
Once you have completed these steps, navigate to the Import & Upload page on the Zype dashboard, and select An Amazon S3 Bucket under the Upload options:
Once you click the upload button, you will be directed to contact us to get started! Zype will need the following information to complete the upload from your Amazon S3 Bucket:
- Username & Password (as created using the directions above)
- Access Key ID
- Secret Access Key
- Console Login Link
- S3 bucket name(s)
- Folder(s) from the S3 bucket to be uploaded
If you have this information ready, please send it when contacting us about the upload. If not, we'd be glad to help you out in gathering this information.