Apple TV apps require a Tvos Setting Zobject to pull your content into the app. This Zobject also enables some additional details to add to your app. Please follow the directions below to create the Zobject.
In the Zype CMS, click the gear icon at the top of the page, and click "Zobject Types" from the menu. From the Zobject Types page, click Add New Zobject Type at the top right corner of the page.
To create your Zobject, enter the following information on the Zobject details page.
- Title: tvos_settings
- Description: Apple TV App will respect these settings
- Videos Enabled: Off
When you get to the Custom Attributes section, you will need to add a Root Playlist attribute. Click "New Attribute" and enter the following information:
- Name: root_playlist_id
When you have filled out all of the information, click Save Changes.
Note: You have the option to add the following custom attributes to the Tvos Zobject to add to your app. These attributes are not required, but allow you to add detail to your app:
- about: Text that will be shown on the "About" page
- about_title: The desired title of your "About" page
- login_page_header: Text that will be shown on top of the login page
- login_page_footer: Text that will be shown on the bottom of the login page. Links cannot be added here
- logout_page_header: Text that will be shown on top of logout page
- logout_page_footer: Text that will be shown on the bottom of logout page
Click your Tvos Settings Zobject tab on the left-hand side of the page. Then, click "Add New Tvos Settings" at the top right corner.
You will now enter the following information:
- Title: Tvos Settings
- Root Playlist: Locate your Root Playlist ID. This is held within the Edit Playlist page of your designated Root Playlist. For more information on the Root playlist, see our page on Managing Playlist Relationships
Any other Custom Attributes you added will have fields to enter information in as well. Enter the necessary information into the fields. For this example, there are "About" and "About Title" attribute fields. Click Save Changes when you are finished.
Confirm your Zobject has the correct information entered. Click your Tvos Settings Zobject, and you will see your completed Tvos Setting listed as displayed below: